Monday, November 6, 2017

JUGS418 Thankful


Happy Monday, peeps!  Hope you had a good weekend!  It was a good one here....but I didn't get any stamping done!!!  My mojo is somewhat on vacation, so I thought I would post a card I made a couple weeks ago but never posted.  It happened to fit the Just Us Girls challenge of "thankful":


My very talented Paper Players teammate Joanne made a card a couple months ago using the Seasonals Chums pumpkin, stamping it in a light color and watercoloring it, and I have been wanting to try that same technique myself!  So I gave it a shot; it is definitely something I need some practice with, but all in all, I was happy with how it turned out 


And here it is on the card; I let the pumpkin take center stage!  I used the matching die to cut it out, mounted it on a panel that was embossed with the Quilt Top EF and added a sentiment from Painted Harvest:


Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Seasonal Chums, Painted Harvest
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Whisper White, Watercolor
 Ink Sahara Sand, Pumpkin Pie,  Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Old Olive
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Seasonal Tags Framelits, Quilt Top Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Tis a beautiful CAS card indeed! Love that TIEF! Your pumpkin looks great to me.

Wendy said...

I love how simple and yet so pretty your card is, LeAnne! I have had this set and it's still not seen ink!! I really need to remedy this, don't ya think?! I love the look of your watercolored pumpkin and the embossed background! Also the wonderful sentiment, too! Very pretty and just perfect for this time of year! TFS and have a great day!!! :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Woohoo - CASED, I'm so glad you decided to give it a go - your pumpkin looks great! Love it with the embossed panel too. How lovely to be the inspiration behind your card today - happy Monday my friend!

Dawn Tidd said...

Such a great pumpkin image and your coloring is amazing! Love how it's the star of the show on the white background!

I Card Everyone said...

you know, you had me at embossing, right? I'm impressed by your no-line first, LeAnne!
=]

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your pumpkin looks amazing! I love the clean design and that beautiful pumpkin looks perfect against that embossed background. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Maria said...

What a fantastic CAS card! Love the embossed background and that pumpkin is perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls.

Lisa Elton said...

Great job on the pumpkin, it's so artsy. Pretty card Leanne!