Tuesday, November 7, 2017

SIP124 Girls' Night Out


Hi everyone!  Tuesday's here and that means a new Stamp Ink Paper challenge!  It was definitely a challenge for me!  Check it out:
 No automatic alt text available.
This theme is a little out of my norm, for sure!  I just don't have any "party" stamps, but I did remember a cute little sentiment from a retired SU set called Love You Sew!  I found some paper with gold accents (although you can't see them here), and Dana had just given me a little leftover bit of glittery ribbon from her wedding bouquet, so I went to work:


I heat-embossed the sentiment (and paint brush) in gold, then used a tag die to cut it out, adding another tag of gold foil behind it, and attached it to the bow with some gold thread.  I also added a vertical strip of gold foil diecut with a scalloped stitched die:


My card base is Early Espresso, and my friend Martha just gifted me with this lovely birthday die, so I cut it out of gold foil as well and added to the inside!


The design team has some wonderful samples they've shared, so be sure to check them out at the Stamp Ink Paper blog!  And meanwhile, share your creation with us as well!

Slowly we are getting the living room back to normal, now that the floors are down; I even got out my turkey collection and put it on the piano for Thanksgiving!  I know I showed these before, but I still love looking at them and I hope you do too!  Some of them are missing their lids, but I don't mind; I started with my grandmother's salt and pepper shakers and now whenever I find one that's not too expensive, I add it to the collection.  There are also some other crafty things along with a little wooden set of Pilgrims and Indians that I got when Dana was small:


Our living room and kitchen are now one big room and painted all the same color....look how different it looks here!!!




And these are my favorites:  an Eldreth Pottery turkey, and a wee set of Pilgrim candles from when I was a little girl!


And Cassidy isn't really playing...she's just sort of foolin' around!  Maybe one of these days, she'll take some lessons!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Love You Sew
Card stock & Papers     Early Espresso, Gold Foil, Naturals White, My Story DSP (My Mind's Eye)
 Ink Gold Encore
Accessories Gold Embossing Powder, Wide Glittery Organdy Ribbon (from my stash), Gold Twine, Gold Thread
Tools     Big Shot, Layering Tags Die (ret), Stitched Scallop Edge Die (Pretty Pink Posh), Birthday Die (unknown), Heat Tool

8 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Definitely a girly card, and that glittery ribbon was so perfect for this challenge! I love seeing your Thanksgiving decorations LeAnne, and I'm sure I said this last year but they are so hard to find. After Halloween the stores move right on to Christmas. You've got a great collection, though!

I Card Everyone said...

Not only do I LOve seeing your collection of turkeys again, LeAnne, those PILGRIM CANDLES- my mom had them, too! OH do I wish I could go back to when they were on our 'kids table' on Thanksgiving!
Your card is spectacular - definitely a 'hand deliverable' card - coming by tomorrow? xx
=]

JoAnn said...

Love your card with that pretty bow and the embossed sentiment and paintbrush. Thanks for sharing the photos of your Thanksgiving collection. Love them all.

Kampin' Karen said...

Your card is perfect! I don't do girls night out but if I did, I would want to do it with you, Mary, Amy and Jenny! I love your Thanksgiving display too.

Wendy said...

Love your card with that amazing tag and all the pops of gold! Great job! Thank you for sharing your Thanksgiving collection! It looks great on top of your piano and I love that you kept these items from years ago! So glad to hear that your house is coming along nicely too! I am SO excited for you! TFS and stay warm today! I think the cold is here!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Fun card and gorgeous collection! And I love upright pianos!

Patricia said...

Your Thanksgiving décor is really nice. I love the groupings and I soooo remember the little Pilgrim candles from when I was a child. I can't believe you still have some of them. You are awesome!

Lisa Elton said...

OH wow, this is incredible LeAnne!! That patterned paper and the shimmery gold are perfect together! I enjoy seeing your collection again. How fun that you have the candles from when you were a little girl! This will be a sweet memory for Cassidy!